About FilmAid: FilmAid is an international development and humanitarian communications organization that harnesses the power and influence of media and the arts to respond to emergencies as well as promote social change through dialogue in order to protect the wellbeing of displaced and vulnerable populations by building stronger, healthier, and more informed communities around the world.
Position main function: Efficiently and effectively support the Kakuma Field programmes in managing the Finance, Procurement, Administration and HR functions of FilmAid Kenya.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the budget preparation, budget revision and budget management for Kakuma field office.
- On monthly basis coordinate and liaise with the Kakuma Desk office to review budget to actual reports to ensure propriety of information
- On monthly basis, meet with the Field Manager to review budget to actual reports to ensure propriety of information and provide appropriate advise to the Field Manager.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures by the Kakuma program
- Prepare for internal and external audits and donor financial reviews as may be required.
- Prepare and submit monthly cash projections for Kakuma based on work plans to the Kakuma Desk Officer.
- Ensuring timely and complete collection of invoices, placing payment requests, submitting for payment and follows through on vendor balance reconciliations with the Desk Officer.
- Maintain communication and ensure timely payment of suppliers based in Kakuma as well as obtain relevant documentation for transaction back-up.
- Continually maintaining proper systems of storing cash, making payments and keeping cash books and other financial records. Responsible for the integrity of the petty cash system in Kakuma.
- Management & maintenance of Kakuma petty cash and submitting the petty cash vouchers to Kakuma Desk Officer within the stipulated timeline.
- Provide support and basic training for administration, outreach, M&E creative staff in the preparation of payment and petty cash vouchers and other related finance transactions such as travel accountability, interpretation of financial reports, communication and continuous staff on- job trainings.
- Ensuring proper orientation of locally recruited staff.
- Managing and administering Kakuma staff leave database and records, coordinating annual leave plans and communicating leave policy benefits.
- Monthly refugee staff salary processing and submission to the desk officer.
- Co-ordinate HR activities such as making arrangements for internal staff trainings and seminars/workshops for Kakuma field office.
- Maintaining HR records related to employment contracts, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, employment status and similar records for refugees and local staff.
- Co-ordinate all recruitment activities including posting job adverts, scheduling interviews and ensuring reference checks for refugee and locally recruited staff.
- Coordinate and ensure submission of monthly Time and Effort Sheets by staff members and ensure update and record keeping of the same.
- Maintain HR records for incentive staff relating to; employment contracts/status, performance reviews, disciplinary issues and maintenance of up to date emergency contact list of all incentive staff.
- Supervision of the Administration & Logistics Officer
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of all information that he/she may have access to in the execution of his duties.
- Oversee the development and execution of procurement plans for Kakuma office.
- Support general finance and procurement processes by researching needed information.
- Be proactive in improving skills by keeping up to date with new / latest development in finance / procurement / administration.
- Ensure clear and accessible record keeping and filing of all activities and expenses.
- Ensure good communication within and outside the project. Represent the project and its goals to callers, writers, and visitors from the community, NGOs, and CBOs as needed.
- Collaborate with FilmAid colleagues as needed or requested to meet reporting requirements, develop proposals, address management needs, design products, or respond to funders.
- Perform any other financial duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Qualification in certified public accounts (CPA) part II or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or higher diploma in Finance.
- Working knowledge in Logistics/supply chain management, Human Resources Management, Administration or other relevant discipline.
- At least 4 years’ experience in administration, finance and procurement preferably with a humanitarian organization.
- Good understanding of project management cycles and budget allocation/ tracking/reviews.
- Minimum 4 years of involvement in budget management (including drafting, revisions, reporting).
- Experience working in a field office and with experience in project planning and budgeting
- Experience or knowledge in fleet management, stores management.
- Minimum 4 yrs. experience in coordinating staff travel.
- Must have supervised at least 3 people and involved in handling various human resource process and functions within an organization or program.
- Appreciates cultural diversity.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Financial reporting and budget management skills.
- Ability to travel and work in hardship areas.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- Good supervision skills, asset and office management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and attention to detail.
- Ability to use various finance programs (QuickBooks, Spread sheets e.g. Excel).
- Excellent coordination, planning and reporting skills.
- Outgoing character, honest, reliable and committed.
- Ability to work alone and in a team.
- Presentable and personable.
- Hands-on and detail-oriented.
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications with only Cover Letter, CV and 3 references to Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 9th September, 2016 and clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Operations Officer ’ and stating your expected remuneration for this role.
Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FilmAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer