We are currently seeking to recruit an Electrical Maintenance Technician to be part of our versatile team.
Job Purpose: The successful candidate will perform repairs, preventive and corrective maintenance on production machinery, equipment and facility and while following our company’s Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
- Install, adjust and repair Injection & Blow moulding machines, auxiliary equipment and utility equipment and other related equipment
- Monitor the HV and LV installations
- Install, maintain, and repair electro-mechanical systems, machinery electrical controls, PLC programs, Servo & and all other electrical control functions in plant.
- Wire circuit breakers circuit panels and sub-panels.
- Correct electrical, electronic and mechanical malfunctions throughout plant.
- Calibrate electro-mechanical systems to meet specifications.
- HVAC start-up operations and PLC troubleshooting.
- Completed routine rounds to ensure maximum production of the overall plant mission
- Perform preventive maintenance on all related equipment
- Maintain machines in optimal processing condition
- Troubleshoot, locate root problems and repair support equipment
- Maintain regular cross-functional communication with other relevant departments Maintain records of work performed as required.
- May operate blow moulding or injection machines, if required
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Three to Four (3-4) years’ experience as an Industrial Electrician/plastic moulding industry
- Proven electrical skills and knowledge.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair or replace all components of Injection Moulding machines, Blow Moulding Machinery and equipment
- Ability to read parts breakdown and machine schematics.
- Analytical with good problem solving skills
- Keen attention to detail and strong organization skills
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Closing Date: Friday 24th September 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.