Great Lakes University of Kisumu (GLUK) is a private chartered university offering degree and other programmes in various disciplines including Health Sciences, Community Development, Education, Theology, Agribusiness, Business Administration, IT among others.
The University is looking for a highly qualified, experienced and motivated team player to fill the following position.
Software Applications Developer
Qualifications and Experience for the Position
- University Degree in Computer Science, or A related field
- Master’s Degree and/ or relevant professional qualifications are an added advantage
- Proven and Demonstrable track record of development of applications and solutions
- Knowledge and experience of programming language such as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Perl, Python and/Java or C# or any other .Net Technology, API Development
- Strong passion for coding, and technical aptitude, including the ability to understand detailed technical information
- Ability to use programming tools to design and manage databases
- Working knowledge of desktop applications/Web-based Applications
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working in a team environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities for the Position
- The successful candidate will develop software solutions for the University business processes
- Will be required to develop solutions with innovation, speed and agility.
- Develop Applications and Solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by analyzing and designing system specifications, standards, and pro-gramming
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and proce-dures
- Obtain and license software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending pur-chases; testing and approving products
- Protect operations and business continuity by keeping information confidential
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or passport, Testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be addressed to
the Vice Chancellor,
Great Lakes University of Kisumu,
Main Campus, Off Miwani Road,
P.O. Box 2224-40100
All applications shall clearly be marked “Application for the position of Application Developer “
Send electronic copies of credentials in PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be submitted on or before 7th October 2016.
GLUK is an equal opportunity employer: Women, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
“Only short listed candidates will be contacted.