Looking for a transformational leader
Our Client, The Information and Communication Technology Authority (ICTA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Information Communication and Technology.
The Authority was established in August 2013 and is tasked with rationalizing and streamlining the management of all Government of Kenya ICT functions.
Its broad mandate entails enforcing ICT standards in Government and enhancing the supervision of its electronic communication. The Authority also promotes ICT literacy, capacity, innovation and enterprise in line with the Kenya National ICT Masterplan 2017
ICTA seeks to achieve its mission and objectives by recruiting a result oriented, self-driven, visionary and transformational Chief Executive Officer, who will drive the organisation to deliver on its mandate.
Overall job purpose: Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for providing overall leadership and direction to the Authority.
She will also develop and implement the Authority’s strategic goals, manage its resources and entrench a high performance culture.
- Provide overall direction and leadership, organisation and administration of programmes and other affairs of the Authority.
- Subject to the direction of the Board on matters of policy, be responsible to the Board on administration and management of the Authority.
- Lead and oversee the implementation of ICTA’s long and short term plans in accordance with its approved strategy
- Carry out ICTA’s mission to champion and actively enable Kenya to adopt and exploit ICT.
- Lead the implementation of key Government ICT infrastructure projects and collaborate with relevant State Agencies to provide custodial support towards the management of the country’s core ICT infrastructure.
- Work with the Ministry of Information and Communications as well as other State Agencies in the attainment of the long term Master Plan for national infrastructure management.
- Develop a risk management policy and framework with the senior management team that ensures the Authority has adequate internal controls.
- Ensure that all policies are adhered to and that the Authority conforms to all legal, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Be the Accounting Officer of the Authority.
- Be responsible for the supervision and discipline of staff of the Authority.
Key qualifications and experience
- To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must have a Bachelors’ Degree from a recognised institution of higher learning.
- A Master’s Degree and professional qualification are desirable.
- S/he will have a minimum of 15 years working experience, seven of which should be in a senior management position, with hands on experience in matters relating to Information Communication Technology, Law or Finance.
- The ideal candidate should have strong leadership, people management, negotiating and influencing skills, with the ability to build relationships and encourage consensus and partnering at all levels.
- S/he should also be a strategic thinker with a proven capability of quickly assessing complex situations and generating astute and practical solutions.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 by providing the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Report from approved Credit Reference Bureau
For more details on the position above, visit our website http://www.pwc.com/ke/en/executive-search.html and send your application to reach us by Friday 16 September 2016.
Additionally, please attach a resume that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to the role.
Include your telephone numbers, email address and names and address of three referees.
Only applications received online will be processed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form is not allowed.