IDB Capital Limited (IDB) is a State Corporation established in 1973 to facilitate the Industrial Development of Kenya by offering financial services to small, medium and large enterprises in diverse sectors of the economy across the country.
IDB is seeking a qualified individual to join its team of dedicated staff in the following position:
Job Title: Marketing Officer
Department: Strategy & Business Development
Job Summary: Reporting to the Strategy & Business Development Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting marketing and business development initiatives for business growth.
They will take a front line in sourcing viable projects for funding by IDB.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute in development of marketing concepts and objectives.
- Maintain constant exposure of the organization’s products and services to prospective clients.
- In collaboration with the supervisor, formulate marketing plans and strategies that meets the marketing objectives of the organization
- Identify and make contacts with new markets that meet the business development objectives of IDB.
- Optimize online/e-marketing initiatives for IDBs visibility. Improve usability, design and content of IDBs website.
- Coordinate surveys and market research as necessary
- Coordinate media and public relations plans to create brand awareness.
- Arrange for Corporate Social Responsibility activities as necessary
- Monitor and report on organization’s service charter.
- Contribute in preparation of marketing materials.
- Maintain positive and beneficial relationships with clients and provide them with all the necessary information
- Prepare monthly and any other reports as required
- Coordinates formulation, monitoring and reviewing of corporate plan, performance contracts and annual work plans.
- Maintain clients databank
- Contribute in providing information for risk management and compliance.
- Any other duties that may be assigned
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business Related Field.
- Professional qualification in marketing
- Membership to relevant professional body
- Personal Attributes, Competencies & Experience
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Good Analytical, presentation and report writing skills
- Good Negotiation skills
- Must be self-motivated and with demonstrated organizational skills
- At least 3 years relevant marketing experience in a financial institution
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates meeting the above qualifications and specifications should forward an application attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates, names and contacts of three professional referees via email email@example.com, quoting the position as the subject.
Applicants should also indicate their current and expected salary.
Applications should be received by close of business on 30 September 2016
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any race, religion, gender or persons living with disabilities.