The Society is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
Position Title: Internal Audit Assistant
Reporting to: Internal Audit Manager
Job location: Headquarters
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in performing assigned tasks as per the annual internal audit plan.
- Analyse and evaluate adequacy of accounting systems and procedures.
- Monitor transactions to ensure that they conform to approved policies and procedures.
- Analyse deficiencies in management controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or irregularities to improve the control environment.
- Assist external audit and law enforcement agencies in conducting audits.
- Assist in the follow-up of recommendations made in both internal and external audit reports.
- Undertake in assessment of performance to ensure that individual and team performance is continuously monitored and measured against realistic but challenging targets.
- Review and handle incidents of violations against organisational policy and regulations and recommend appropriate action
- Prepare periodic audit reports, showing findings and making appropriate recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, commerce, economics or equivalent qualifications plus professional accounting qualifications such as CPA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Over one (1) year of relevant professional experience in the areas of accounting and audit.
- Broad knowledge of approved principles, procedures, and best practices involving accounting and financial record keeping including donor accounting procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, audit techniques, testing and sampling methods typically involved in conducting audits.
- Broad knowledge and solid understanding of the fundamentals of internal control systems and the ability to properly execute audits designed to test these controls.
- Proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, word-processing, and presentation applications.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 14th September 2016.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees.