The post holder will work in close liaison and line-manage FPO Team leaders, Social Franchise Coordinators and Center Managers.
The position is a member of the Senior Management leadership team of MSK whose members strongly reflect MSK’s values in their behavior.
Job Title: Regional Coordinator
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, Pioneering, Sustainable, people centered
- Oversee performance of the MSK channels (Outreach, Centres and Social Franchise) at Regional level through effective people management, planning, and budget administration.
- Coordinate implementation of MSK activities within the Regional to maximise on the program outputs (both high Quality CYPs and non-CYP generating outputs)
- Undertake continuous stakeholders engagement at the regional level including close collaboration with relevant CHMTs and sub-CHMTs
- Undertake efficient and effective grants management of multiple donor funded programs in the region through effective monitoring and evaluation of individual grants performance
- Support MSK growth as a sustainable organisation including institutionalizing MSK operations within regional health structures
- Increased CYPs
- QTA scores of 94%+
- Activity Vs. Budget tracking
- Effective team’s performance plus
- Activity reports and meetings minutes
- Grant reports, work-plans, spend plans and procurement plans
- Regional surplus, SLAs and Cost per CYP, Cost per DALY averted
- Coordination of MSK’s Programme Activities – Support Regional teams in the development of annual and quarterly work plans, budgets and procurement plans for smooth implementation of activities
- Ensure financial resources are available according to the work plans of all MSK’s programme activities, and are used effectively and efficiently
- Ensure that clear personal targets and objectives are set by individual FPO Team leaders, Centre Managers and Social Franchise Coordinators plus their members. Manage performance through regular monitoring against and agreed KPI’s
- Ensure effective operationalization of CLIC system in Centres with an aim of promoting its benefit realisation component (Statistical analysis, reporting, tracking of income and performance)
- Support capacity building of MSK staff including service providers at franchised clinics to undergo requisite trainings as identified through regular training needs assessments
- Support channel leads within the region to undertake proper planning of staffing requirements to ensure continuous delivery of services
- Annual & Quarterly work plans
- Annual and monthly budgets
- Monthly spend plan
- Mid-year and annual Performance plus
- Daily CLIC extracts per clinic, CBR review meetings
- TNAs, Updated Regional training registers
- Regional staff leave plans and Locum plans
- Support Regional level planning, implementation, reporting, learning and reflection through coordinating and leading timely review meetings across the channels
- Facilitate cross synergy of all related MSK programme activities including Outreach, Centres and Social Franchise channels.
- Ensure optimal integration of additional health services areas (eg. CCS PT, YFS, IMCI etc) across MSK service delivery channels within MSK core service areas.
- Ensure the ArcGIS mapping tool is implemented routinely by field teams so as to capture the Geographical scope of MSK activities for effective program coverage in the region
- Ensure consistent focus on the clients with delivery of high quality services within the region
- Closely work with other MSK departments to effectively link service delivery to ongoing demand generation
- Identify technical support needs of the region and appropriately link regional teams with the respective technical resource within MSK and MSI to support program implementation.
- Quarterly regional review meeting
- Regular field supervisory visits including TA reports
- # CYPs and DALYs
- Arc GIS Mapping
- Regular Regional internal QTA and Cliniscans reports and followed up action plans
- Client Feedback reports and followed up action plans
- External QTA score 94% (for MSK clinics and FPO teams) and 90% for SF for the year 2015
- # CYPs and DALYs generated
- TA requests and Activity reports
- Advocacy and External Relations – Lead in the collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders, including County Government, other Implementing Partners, and internal stakeholders within MSK to achieve project and organisational deliverables.
- Act as the focal person for MSK at the regional level including representing MSK at high level meeting/platforms where necessary
- Regularly appraise relevant Sub-CHMTs and CHMTs with ongoing MSK operations including sharing program briefs as appropriate on a routine basis
- Coordinate regular stakeholders meetings with MSK teams across the channels
- Provide technical support across county SRH TWGs such as those on FP, Advocacy and ASRH
- Stakeholder engagement meeting minutes, Activity reports
- CHMT and sub-CHMTs joint supervision reports
- Program Briefs and CHMT presentations
- Meeting minutes
- County budgets represent MSK priority areas on SRH
- Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation – Collate and analyze all regional channel leads MIS and narrative reports on all projects within the region for onward transmission to support unit.
- Coordinate store requisition, coordinate procurement issues within the organization at the regional level
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Ensure judicious use and accountability of fund disbursed to region with timely and prudent surrenders of activity funds from the region
- Provide guidance on the proper use, handling and maintenance of all MSK regional resources including vehicles, and other assets
- Support regional documentation of MSK program operations including developing relevant abstracts, research briefs, manuscripts, case studies and sharing the same internally within MSK, locally and internationally.
- Updated regional project PMPs with project narrative reports
- Regional Stock reconciliation report
- Regional Program narrative report.
- Timely Regional surrenders across the channels. BZZ reports
- Asset management reports e.g log sheets, inventory
- Abstracts, Manuscripts, Case studies, Photo voice
- Continuously identify opportunities that fit within MSK growth areas in line with MSK strategic plans and including supporting ongoing proposal development and concept papers
- Support MSK clinics to grow and become sustainable with consistent surplus generated
- New grants supporting regional actions
- New PPP contracts at the county level eg Service Level agreements with county govts
- Regional surplus generated, Cost per CYP and Cost per DALY averted
- First degree or equivalent in health/biological sciences, or related discipline
- Must have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Possession of MPH, M Sc. Development studies, MA. Project Management and any relevant course is an added advantage
- Must possess excellent planning and organizational skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and MUST possess a high level of integrity and responsibility
- Must be attuned to and be comfortable with the culture/traditions of the people
- Must be computer literate and be at ease with report writing.
- Project cycle management training desirable
- Experience and knowledge of health financing or Kenyan health sector
- Clear ability to identify and set targets
- Budget management
- Excellent understanding of donor contract requirements
- Excellent communicator to others on key strategic issues
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 19th September 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Regional Coordinator”