Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage vendor relationships, contacts, and pre-qualifications lists.
- Provide input to project procurement for financial and other reports.
- Maintain procurement files (paper and electronic backup) according to policies and procedures.
- Provide procurement procedures and policy guidance and interpretation to program staff.
- Coach, mentor, and train program staff on procurement policies and procedures.
- Support the procurement of a wide-range of goods, commodities, and services through sub-contracts and purchase orders.
- Develop tools and forms required for procurements, contracts, and other agreements such as bid analyses and selection and negotiation memos.
- Undertake procurement functions that include preparing specifications and solicitation documents, managing bid evaluations.
- Overseeing vendor selection process.
- Manage the project procurement and ensure compliance with MGIC policies, contractual terms and other applicable rules and regulations.
- Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure correct vendor payments, follow through on financial procurement budgets and accuracy of financial procurement documentation presented;
- Manage communication with vendors and staff to facilitate smooth implementation of procurement procedures.
- Draft requests for quotations and proposals and participate in comparison and evaluation of bids;
- Facilitate and follow up on approvals of requisite documents required in the procurement process;
- University degree in Supply chain management, Business Administration or related field with 5 years of practical experience in similar position.
- Postgraduate diploma in Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS)
- Membership of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management
- Four (4) years relevant experience, 1 year experience at supervisory level.
- Three (3) years’ NGO experience in procurement a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Certified knowledge of donor rules and regulations on procurement and funds management.
- Computer literacy
- Planning and organizational skills
How to Apply
you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your
application and CV to email@example.com by September 16, 2016.
Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.