Roles and Responsibilities
- Help in overseeing the production process.
- Have overall responsibility for training of operators in the factory.
- Ensure production is done in a timely manner and within quality guidelines.
- Raise issues, problems and breakdowns with the engineering team as soon as possible and support in timely resolution.
- Work with the Process Engineer to prepare the production schedule.
- Supervise and motivate factory workers.
- Ensure that all factory operators clock in and out every day and that records are accurate and this is checked and verified on a daily basis.
- Work with HR on hours for monthly salaries as well as working with factory workers requests for leave and any other HR related issues.
- Deal with people – a large part of the Production Manager’s job is dealing with people. It is important to treat people with respect.
- Work with department heads to uphold and implement the company’s policies and goals
- Ensure maintenance of all machinery/ production planning and stock outs
- Daily production reports – updated in the system.
- Technical background (manufacturing), either education and/or work
- A good communicator
- Good team spirit
- High energy
- Computer literate, specifically email, word, and excel
- More than 5 years of experience in a leading role in production
- Thorough knowledge of budgets, capital projects, product cost, margin analysis.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop employees.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop new manufacturing process, techniques and flows, provide proper and thorough training and achieve successful implementation.
Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2438”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2438, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th October 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.