Our client, a luxury Safari Company, is looking for a creative and passionate Sales and Marketing Manager for their office in Nairobi.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the total sales & marketing efforts of the Luxury Safari Camp.
He/She MUST have at least 8 years of experience in the luxury SAFARI industry.
- Prepare an efficient and effective sales & marketing strategy and yearly business plan.
- Direct, manage and coordinate the implantation of the sales & marketing strategy developed – for both the local and international markets.
- Directing, managing and coordinating the sales team for the camp.
- Manage inventory and yield management.
- Guide the team on issues concerning pricing, branding, and product enhancements.
- Recruit and provides appropriate support to sales employees.
- Customer relationship and responds to customer reviews and feedback in a
- timely and professional manner.
- Provide guidance in preparation of monthly reports.
- Coordinate the camp’s participation in local and international campaigns.
- Efficiently manages the sales budget.
- Strongly involved in business community and trade organizations.
- Manage relationship between the camp and account base, including embassy and
- government accounts.
- Achieve best rates for the camp through active negotiations with sales and marketing
- related suppliers.
- Lead the sales meetings, reporting on activities, market trends and business leads, etc.
- 8 to 10 years of luxury hospitality experience, at least 5 of which have been managing sales personnel and leading sales and marketing activities.
- Formal University / College education, preference given to those with a sales &
- marketing related degree with a focus on the hospitality / travel & tourism space.
- Proven organizational and communication skills – Micros Fidelio literacy an asset.
- Understanding and prior experience of working in the African luxury safari market.
- Understanding of the local & international markets,
- Ability to prioritize, organize work assignments and follow up.
- Ability to execute a multitude of tasks on a timely basis.
- Ability to promote positive relationships with guests and staff.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision as well as cohesively in a team.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems with good judgment.
- Outstanding writing and oral communication skills; ability to interface confidently with high profile customers and media.
Monthly gross salary: Competitive salary depending on skills & experience.
Deadline: 21st September 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.