Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Farm Star helps African farmers prosper. We offer safe, high-quality, organic agricultural inputs, safely and sustainably derived from treated organic waste. Our products help ensure food security, while improving farmer welfare.
Job Purpose Statement: We’re searching for a sales champion to join as Agricultural Field Sales Representative to help take our sales to the next level.
Reports to: Manager Byproducts Sales
Role & Responsibilities
- Learn and utilize the company’s direct sales methodology to sell an exciting new product directly to commercial small and medium-scale farmers.
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Advise farmers on the use of best practices in soil management and other Good Agricultural Practices
- Build a portfolio of long-term clients by conducting structured post-purchase service visits with customers
- Daily update sales and pipeline data using Google Apps and the company’s proprietary smartphone app
- Technical Degree in Agriculture (B.Sc. in Horticulture or similar)
- Min. 2 years agricultural sales experience
- High level of motivation and entrepreneurial drive
- Interest in learning in-depth about a new industry, new product category, new sales process, and everything else that’s needed.
- Desire to learn, constantly improve, and act on feedback
- Valid car driver’s license and min. 2 years driving experience
- Willingness to relocate to Makueni County
- Creativity when problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Goal driven and self motivated when working independently
- Basic computer skills – MS Office, Google Apps