In compliance with sections 73(5) and 155(5) of the PFM Act 2012 and PFM Regulations 2015, the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) invites application to fill in two (2) positions of members of the Audit committee.
Requirements for appointment
Suitable candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in either fields of Finance / Accounting / Auditing / Economics, Security / Risk management, Human Resource Management or Law from a recognised university.
- A masters degree and other professional qualifications in these fields will be an added advantage.
- Over ten years’ experience in senior management level in a reputable organisation,
- Be a member of the relevant and recognised professional body i.e. ICPAK, IIA, LSK, IHRM etc
- Must not be a present or past employee or an agent of the Teachers Service Commission in the past two years.
- Must be compliant with the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity, and must obtain clearance from the following institutions;
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Credit Reference Bureau
- The Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Roles of the Audit committee
The audit committee shall perform the following roles among others:
- To assess and evaluate quality of the performance of the internal audit function of the Commission.
- Evaluate internal and external audit reports and make appropriate recommendations,
- Ensure compliance with the recommendations of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC),
- Assess and review the TSCs existing internal controls,
- Undertake independent review of the TSC’s financial statements,
- Ensure the integrity and transparency of TSCs financial Reporting process and
- Review the level of compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
Terms of appointment
- Members of the committee shall be appointed for a term of three (3) years on a part time basis and shall be eligible for reappointment for a further one term only.
- The allowances payable to the members of the audit committee shall be determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission guidelines.
Applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID card, detailed CV and copies of all the relevant certificates and testimonials.
They should be submitted to the Commission Secretary on or before 30th September 2016 through the address below.
Teachers Service Commission
Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer persons of both gender, with disabilities and the disadvantaged who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
Nancy Njeri Macharia, OGW