The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Nurse
Reporting to the Charge Nurse, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Cardiac catheterization
- Preparing and assisting in Cathlab procedures including coronary angiogram, coronary angioplasty, temporary and permanent pacemaker insertion, and ICD devices, balloon valvuloplasty.
- Assisting doctors in conducting Atrial Septal Defect/Ventriculoseptal defect closures.
- Assessing and monitoring critically ill patients.
- Ablation therapy
- Assessing, planning and implementing agreed individual care plans and evaluating the effectiveness of care given.
- Monitoring the patients post all cath-lab procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- KRN, KRCHN or BsN.
- Training in Cardiac Nursing
- Diploma in Critical Care Nursing is an added advantage
- 4 years post registration nursing experience, I of which should be in a Cathlab.
- Valid Basic Life Support (BIS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACIS) certificates.
- Experience in cardiac care or intensive care unit is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of cardiac medications and electrocardiogram monitoring experience
- Effective communication skills.
- Good customer care skills.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application, copies of certificates, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees by 27th September 2016 to:
Head, Human Resources
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026
Nairobi – 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.