Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be accountable by ensuring that all deliveries assigned to him are made and closed by the end of the day.
- Haulage of materials and equipment between sites as delegated by line manager.
- Communicate on timely basis challenges faced along delivery routes to line manager.
- Maintain vehicle in serviceable and clean condition.
- Drive vehicles to designated destinations.
- Drive safely and deliver materials within set deadlines.
- Analyze delivery address, determine appropriate routes and maintain schedule.
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately as they may occur.
- Notify supervisors about any major repairs and maintenances of the vehicle in time.
- Follow local and state driving laws and road regulations.
- Assist in vehicle repairs and maintenance as need be.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip.
- Adhere to company operating policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you by your superiors.
Skills and Specifications
- Driver must be honest and reliable to his employers.
- Driver must always be prepared to work hard for the team and create favourable impression of his employer organization to the clients.
- He must be of sound health as his job may require him to work during night shifts, long distance travel etc.
- He must undertake full responsibility for the security and safety of goods during transport.
- He must abide by all traffic rules and sound traffic practices all time.
Education and Qualifications
- Valid Driving licence.
- Valid AA CERTIFICATE.
- Valid Good Conduct Certificate.
- Good driving records are required for this job.
- 2 years of experience in commercial driving.
- A high school diploma is adequate.
- They might need to undergo checks against criminal records, alcohol and drug abuse.
If you meet the above requirements please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted