Job Title: Service Engineer
The job holder will be expected to
- provide one-stop customer support for all Fiber services by responding to customer contacts within defined SLAs
- resolve customer query on first contact and keep the promise of query/problem resolution for escalated cases
- take full ownership of customer cases that land and handover unresolved cases at end of day
- ensure customer satisfaction with service and quality of support provided.
Good interpretation of customer queries and relay of accurate information to reassure customers and manage their expectations – are key to this role.
The job holder will be expected to identify and highlight to the Team Leader, all emerging service issues of general of unique nature; that may require maintenance, upgrade or restructuring of Fiber services in order to meet customer needs.
The job demands high performance of the holder, for which KPIs are defined and measured for monthly performance scores.
Any other duty that may be assigned.
Experience and Background Required:
- Degree / Diploma in any of these fields: Electrical / Electronic, Telecommunications, Computer Technology, Computer Science, Information Technology.
- 2 yrs Experience in Engineering
- Skills in Enterprise Solutions, VPN.
- Knowledge in transmission.
- Understanding of – IP networks; the contention ratios in the network; Metro Ethernet networks
- Troubleshooting skills e.g. on CMTS basic configuration, IP assignment (DHCP services).
- Understanding of the basic network design & structure: Master node, distribution node, GPON.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Knowledge and experience in reading, analyzing, and interpreting reports and technical procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office – specifically Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, peers and customers.
- Ability to handle service delivery and service assurance processes and structures in a large telecommunications environment.
- Self-driven, customer centric and team player.
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed CV,day time telephone contact to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line Customer on or before 20th September 2016.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.