- Responsible and accountable for supplier registration and selection process. Can be consulted by the supplier when registering and when assessing the supplier against company requirements. And informed about the recommendations implemented by the supplier.
- Informed about supplier evaluation criteria, supplier evaluation score and the approved suppliers that remain in the database.
- Responsible and accountable for updating and archiving supplier evaluation, inactivating supplier, monitor supplier performance and come up with supplier performance evaluation report.
- Consulted during a major concern and to check if the concern is legitimate.
- Responsible and accountable for commodity purchase opportunity process
- In the purchase order Checking for matching opportunities, preparing and sending purchase order to supplier, receiving and updating system with signed purchase order together with supply plan, checking if PO has been fulfilled and sending the process through to AP and closing and archiving the purchase order
- Study recommendation paper and markets
- Negotiation with suppliers.
- Informed about the matching opportunities lists and proceed to purchase opportunities as appropriate.
- Gather information and update the database to develop commodity data and markets of interest and fill market commodity information template
- Informed about matched sales orders through order execution summary
- Informed when customer complain goes to CA/PA process
- In charge of General procurement for all departments.
- Informed about and controls all purchase order activities.
- Amount of relevant information given to trader
- Number of purchase opportunities brought in, number of purchase opportunities converted to purchase order
- Number of new suppliers brought in, number of new suppliers registered and selected
- Total complaints handled and solved through CA/PA
- Number of suppliers/ trade that have defaulted
- New markets/ products purchased
- Amount of money saved from previous year general procurement to current year
- Number of complaints from departments of lack of service.
- Number of ideas, new processes, document changes, problems solved
- Timely handover of information/ documents to the respective depts./ individuals
- Timely and valid Input to departmental meetings
- Time given to company and projects
- Speech and Language use/ behavior at office with external and internal members
- Values shared
- Training and development undergone
- Assistance provided to internal and external auditors.
- Bachelors Degree from a related field.
- 5-10+ years experience working in the procurement field.
- Experience working in a food or agriculture related background.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2462”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2462 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 14th October 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.