Business Development Manager – East Africa
Our client, a fast growing International provider of Prefabricated E- House, Mobile Substations, Middle & High Voltage Switch Gear and Complex Electrical Distribution Systems is looking to recruit a natural and passionate Business Development Manager.
The successful candidate MUST have relevant experience working in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Burundi.
He/she must have an education background in electrical engineer to be considered for the role.
- Meet annual / quarterly sales targets as agreed.
- Assist with developing and implementing the business strategy for the relevant industry.
- Responsible for the sales of; Ring Main Units, Air & Gas Insulated Switchgear, Pre-fabricated E-House and Mobile Substations.
- Sales of specialised solutions and technologies specially developed for the designated industry.
- Liaise with the Company in China ICC (Project and Engineering Centre), with regard to project pursuits and costing and the facilitation of transfer of knowledge (both technical and non-technical).
- Formation and leadership of project capture teams for large and/or multi-disciplinary pursuits.
- Facilitating the sale of loose Company key products to the relevant industry.
- Maintain accurate customer database on the server.
- Maintain project opportunity database.
- Preferably have a minimum of a National Diploma in electrical engineering.
- Must have 8-10 years of appropriate industry specific experience.
- Have more than three years of experience in selling technically complex systems.
- Have a high level of technical proficiency on MV & HV switchgear and substation applications.
- Have high level of technical proficiency with regards the applicable IEC / SANS standards.
- Have entrepreneurial flair and business acumen.
- Be well organised, able to work under pressure and to use initiative.
- Be a team player.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Monthly gross salary: USD. 2,000 – 3,000 plus Commission and bonus.
Deadline: 15th November 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.