Act, Chapter 62, Laws of Kenya established the National Crime Research
Centre (NCRC), which is a State Corporation under the Office of the
Attorney General & Department of Justice.
The objects of the
Centre are to carry out research into the causes of crime, and its
prevention and to disseminate research findings and recommendations to
agencies of Government concerned with the administration of criminal
justice with a view to assisting them in their policy formulation and
Advert. No. NCRC/4/2016
An officer at this level will be answerable to the Senior Public Communications Officer. Specifically, duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Gathering information on programmes and significant events;
- Editing stories on topical issues in a specific sectoral area;
- Liaising with media practitioners and the public on issues of mutual concern, scheduling interviews with Government officials and managing assigned projects and programmes under the guidance of the head of the Unit/Section;
- Developing and publishing in-house newsletters.
- Initiating the preparation of press releases, media liaisons, conferences, supplements and press briefs on the Centre’s programmes and activities;
- Initiating the planning and implementation of the strategic corporate and public relations;
- Liaising with the advertisers on marketing communications initiatives in the promotion of a positive image of the Centre;
- Assisting the management to realize strong PR Centre related activities like launches and external sporting support;
For appointment to the grade of corporate officer II, a candidate must have:
- A Bachelors degree in any of the following discipline: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, Social Sciences or any other approved equivalent qualifications from a recognized University/Institution;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili; and
- A Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution from a recognized institution
Applicants should submit the following:-
to download) together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including names of
three referees and full contacts (name, Post Office Box Number, email
address, and telephone/mobile phone contact;
(ii) Copies of academic certificates and testimonials;
Copies of Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal
Investigations, Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board
(HELB), Ethic and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance, Tax
Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and any other
Professional Body which the candidate is a member.
Applications without the relevant qualifications and supporting documents as required will not be considered.
All applications should indicate job reference numbers and be send to;
The Director /CEO
National Crime Research Centre
ACK Garden Annex
1st Ngong Avenue, Off Bishop’s Road
P.O. Box 21180-00100
OR Email: email@example.com
The application should to reach the Director/CEO not later than 5.00 pm on Friday, 11th November, 2016.
note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of
Canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
National Crime Research Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
National Crime Research Centre