Vacancy: Digital Ads Sales Manager
Duma Works is looking for an energetic and experienced professional, who specialises in Digital Media Sales with a focus on video, to build an advertising client base for one of our clients.
About the hiring Company: The hiring company is an internet service provider.
They just launched an innovative, completely new type of video advertising platform that offers advertisers the ability to reach consumers by enabling them to watch/engage in video ads and then get free internet bundles in return for watching the ad.
Being a company that is growing fast, there arises the need to build an advertising customer base.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for identifying, targeting, contacting and closing digital media sales with consumer product & services companies and other potential clients.
- You must be a self-driven individual who is excited about the possibility of working with a quickly growing company. You will be able to help shape the team and the product as the company grows.
- Prior experience in digital (video preferred) media sales and a Rolodex of consumer services/products contacts is required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree from reputable university
- 3 or more years of work experience in media sales with an emphasis on consumer focused ad sales
- Excellent writing skills
- Previously being an integral part of the development and successful sales team, with responsibility for developing/acquiring new clients and managing/growing existing clients.
- Ability to work independently, while coordinating with a team to implement media sales.
- Passionate about technology and familiarity working with a range of mobile devices including phones, tablets, and laptops
- Excellent familiarity with Nairobi, in particularly Eastlands
- Strong proficiency in excel and able to quickly learn how to use new systems
- Sales management experience is an added advantage
- Prior experience working with advertising agencies is an added advantage
Compensation: This is a full time position, with compensation (base + commission) commensurate with experience and contacts.
Languages: Fluent or business-level written and spoken English and Swahili
A Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2484”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2484 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th October 2016
N.B.You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.