Position: Dispatch Manager
Nature of Job: Full time
Summary: Our client seeks to recruit a dispatch manager who has worked in an FMCG or a manufacturing company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for efficient and timely delivery of materials, based on customer demand
- Focusing on improving and documenting daily activity for Dispatch Operations
- Implements schedule or policy changes for transportation services
- Identifies or selects transportation and communications system technologies to reduce costs or environmental impacts
- Develops or implements plans to improve transportation services.
- Planning, organizing, or managing the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements
- Collaborate with other managers and staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives
- Monitoring operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, environmental policies and government regulations
- Monitoring spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets
- Directs and coordinates the activities of operations department to obtain use of equipment and facilities
- Directs activities related to dispatching, routing, or tracking transportation vehicles
- Serves as contact persons for all workers within assigned territories
- Develops or implements plans to improve transportation services
- Directs central load control centers to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of transportation services.
Key Requirements and Skills
- Diploma/Degree in logistics, purchasing and supplies and procurement
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Dispatch Manager in a busy FMCG or manufacturing environment
- Good analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Good reporting skills
- Time management skills
- Complex problem solving skills
If qualified send CV stating your experience, skills and qualifications to email@example.com
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.