DSW seeks to recruit an intern to support implementation of the Young Adolescents Project (YAP). S/he will be based in Kilifi.
Areas of responsibility for the position include:
- Support and monitor mentorship programs in schools
- Support Peer learning sessions in schools
- Support in administering tools and collection of data
- Support in project documentation (collecting stories from the field, writing field reports and taking photos during activities).
- Assist the project team in organizing and planning of activities, meetings and trainings
- Add meeting representations at the community level
- How to engage Young Adolescents in meaningful discussions on issues of sexual reproductive health and rights.
- Relationship and network building and how to work with Young Adolescents
- Documenting stories and sharing Information for learning purposes
- Creative feedback and strengthening of communication between DSW-YAP, Mentors and YAP Schools
- Access plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
- Diploma in community development, social sciences or other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Self starter, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creativity and flexibility
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired,
- Interest in non-profit management and community development.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter) with the reference “Internship – Kilifi” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: October 31st, 2016
Ideal start date: Immediate
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information see www.dsw.org/en