Vacancy: ECHO Help Desk Coordinator
Human Capital Synergies Africa in partnership with its client through support from the Donor funded activities, which leads the disease surveillance and intervention efforts for lung diseases seeks to recruit dynamic individuals for two new and exciting positions.
These positions will support the country rollout and adoption of Extension for Community Health Outcomes (ECHO) as well as the setting up and running of a Help Desk for the surveillance Program.
ECHO is an innovative video conference-based system used to build the capacity of health care workers for disease control and makes specialized medical knowledge accessible to frontline health care workers across the country.
The Program is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the above position: –
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Deputy Head of program/ECHO technical lead and working closely with County teams and ECHO sites, the incumbent shall be responsible for the day-to-day organizing, planning and management of ECHO and the help desk.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure coordination and timely set up of ECHO sessions.
- Working in close collaboration with the ECHO technical lead, ensure development of a monthly and quarterly calendar of ECHO activities and topics including scheduling and follow up with discussants.
- Ensure appropriate preparations for ECHO including receiving of cases and didactic presentations as well as sending invitations and reminders to all ECHO participants.
- Ensure appropriate follow up including sharing of recorded sessions with the participants and any other relevant reading materials or links after each session.
- Summarise and share the patient management plan a day after each session.
- Maintain a database of all ECHO participants (this will include a participants’ list for sites where multiple participants attend the ECHO sessions e.g. hospitals)
- Keeping an archive of all ECHO sessions and all other related material.
- Develop site assessment tool for spokes and a monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Acts as the point person for ECHO communication including receiving queries from the ECHO spokes and addressing them.
- In conjunction with IT team, set up a help desk for TIBU and GeneXpert support.
- Manage the domain mailbox as well as multiple queries on various platforms.
- Offer administrative support and manage queries by routing them to the relevant offices.
- Put together a monthly summary report of all help desk issues.
- Develop CPD provision criteria and facilitating to participants.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Bachelors of Nursing / Clinical Officer or equivalent Bachelors with an administrative component.
- Experience in TB program management is preferred.
- Knowledge in handling of ICT conferencing systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with minimum supervision.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications by 21st October 2016 with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with ECHO HELP DESK COORDINATOR on the Subject line.