Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Executive Personal Assistant position for our client.
The incumbent will report to the CEO.
Job Purpose: Provide high-level, confidential administrative support to the office of the CEO by ensuring that all executive and administrative tasks are handled efficiently and effectively.
Job Responsibility and Authority
- Keep track of correspondences requiring action, follow-up and provide feedback to the CEO in good time for respect of deadlines.
- Draft non-substantive correspondence at own initiative and ensure follow-up.
- Undertake timely and professional preparation of outgoing mail for the CEO.
- Manage all internal and external queries and requests, responding and re-directing accordingly.
- Screen telephone calls, and answer queries with tact and discretion.
- Provide excellent customer service to all those seeking service from the CEO’s office
Proactively manage all aspects of the CEO’s schedule to ensure maximum optimization of CEO’s resources including and not limited to the following:
- Comprehensive diary management, including internal and external meetings, formal and informal engagements and keeping up to date with all new activities
- Ensure CEO is prepared for all meetings with all necessary documentation and information.
- Prepare meeting requirements, taking notes and following up on actions
- Maintain a weekly schedule of all official meetings involving staff participation and maintains the weekly matrix of actions to be taken by staff
- Send and respond to correspondence
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and certain presentations on behalf of CEO.
- Prepare the networking schedules for the CEO, on a regular basis
Manage all of the CEO’s office administration duties.
- Book meetings including scheduling board meetings, handling logistics of board meetings, sending materials for review prior to the meetings, taking and distributing notes and fielding general queries from board members
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for the Board and designated company visitors
- Maintain the CEO’s office and boardroom in good condition and assist in arrangements for board and executive meetings
- Co-ordinate the distribution of mail received to respective action departments
- To prepare and dispatch official communication as directed by the CEO’s office
- Maintain proper record keeping in the CEO’s office
- Operate a clear filing system and maintain proper and up to date records in the CEO’s office.
- Operate the office equipment and ensure they are fully serviceable
- Keep in good custody confidential documents
- Prepare budgetary inputs relating to the CEO’s office expenses and to manage the expenses within the budget
- Diarize all key dates in relation to New Business updates
- Follow up with all members of management team and circulate on a weekly basis
- Update contacts made through networking
Manage activities and initiatives designed to build and protect the CEO’s personal brand.
- Ability to manage and prioritize internal / external demands on CEO’s time
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills (face to face and over the phone).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail, particularly in the management of CEO’s diary and emails.
- Able to be diplomatic and discrete at all times
- High proficiency with the commonly used computer software and applications
- At least 5 years experience in a similar job
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Arts (Communication), Public Relations
Key Result areas
- Ensure the efficient running of the CEO’s office
- Ensure other departments provide necessary reports/deliverables to CEO
- Ensure implementation of all dated activities on set dates
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 14th October 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking –The position on the subject line “Executive Personal Assistant”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.