Vacancy: Head Baker
You will be responsible for consistently producing our specialty and custom cakes, cupcakes, bars, cookies etc.
- Ensure financial controls and fiscal performance for the Bakery department are met consistent with stated goals and objectives
- Ensure that you are medically fit at all times to attend to your duties by always updating the Food handler’s certificate.
- Quality standards and controls are in compliance with industry and company guidelines
- Meet and/or exceed the local food handling standards to ensure that the kitchen and the food storage areas are compliant
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of products to minimize bakery food product outages
- Preparation and production of baked goods based on business demands and business objectives
- Ensure that recipes are followed 100% of the time and that all tastes profiles are appropriate
- Partner with the Client in running an efficient operation including daily briefings and weekly meetings.
- Reconcile previous performance and address improvement plans
- Ensure proper safety procedures are being followed
- Communicate with all team members to ensure maximum productivity
- Recognize team members and work together.
- Ensure compliance with all Clients policies and procedures
- Any other duties as directed.
- At least 5 years working experience in busy Baking environment.
- Must be excellent in cake baking and decoration, bread baking and pastries.
- Experience in retail industry a plus.
- Excellent supervisory, time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Independent, self-starter capable of working well with a team, multi-tasking effectively and managing a variety of responsibilities.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply by sending their application to email@example.com by 15th October 2016.
You must indicate your current remuneration package.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.