Job Title: Head of Talent Learning & Development
Proposed Job Level: Senior Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to: HRD
Job Purpose: This requires a brief description of why the role exists and how it connects to the overall strategy of the business. On looking at the purpose of the role, we can also view to strategic intent for the role and the likely accountabilities.
Leads organizational effectiveness activities through the development of the corporate-wide professional development and learning strategies, and creating a plan to execute against the strategy.
This position is also responsible for managing the succession planning process across the enterprise.
A major area of responsibility in this area is the driving of the culture transformation and employee engagement initiatives in the business and steer the talent management & development process in order to maintain a high performing organization.
Key Result Area 1:
- Develops the L & D Strategy and policies and ensures their implementation in order to maintain a skilled workforce that is able to meet organizational goals
Key Result Area 2:
- Learning Management -Design and development of learning interventions aimed at maximizing organizational capability
Key Result Area 3:
- Leads The Talent Management and Succession planning processes across the organization:
Key Result Area 4:
- Performance Management -Implementation and management of performance measurement systems for improving individual contribution and driving overall organizational performance and individual development
Key Result Area 5:
- Drive the Organizational Development process in order to ensure that the employees’ effectiveness is achieved which will enable them to meet the organizational goals
Key Result Area 6:
- Ensure Implementation of Employee Engagement activities that will foster high performance and leads the organization in meeting its goals
Key Result Area 7:
- Management of Partners, Group Learning & Talent Management activities
Key Result Area 8:
- Business Partnering in order to build credibility and relationships that will that will ensure the development of effective learning solutions
Key Result Area 9:
- Manages and develops own staff to ensure quality performance
Skills critical to the role:
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Business awareness
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Hands on attitude
- High personal standards and goal oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Culture sensitivity
- Able to handle high level of confidentiality and common sense regarding employee information
- Attention to detail without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to bring individuals or groups to consensus when divergent opinions exist.
- Able to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously
- At least 5 years’ experience as a HR Generalist and at least 3 of which should be in an L & D Role
- Demonstrated project management skills bringing projects to completion on time and within budget
- At least 2 years of Demonstrated ability and experience in managing large learning curriculum, including learning contracts, class schedules, enrollment, and vendor management.
- Strong knowledge and experience in developing and designing of succession planning and talent review processes.
- Master’s Degree in a HR/social Sciences related field or equivalent
- IT literacy
- High level knowledge; applies technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines including current labour laws.
- Exhibits good level of creativity and resourcefulness. Is able to guide and transfer knowledge to her/his team.
How to apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to email@example.com by 27th October 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Head of Talent Learning & Development”