Position: Human Resource Generalist
Position Summary: The Human Resource Generalist assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties and carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: recruitment and selection; employee contracting; employee data management; employee orientation and other HR duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible for the following areas:
- Oversee the recruitment process by participating in the short listing, scheduling and interviewing process.
- Prepare employee contracts and ensure sign off by employee on HR policies documentation
- Participate and provide administrative support in the employee separation processes including exit interviews
- Responsible for maintain up to date data on HR and preparing weekly and monthly HR reports.
- Undertake reference checks and other background information on selected candidates
- Participating and providing administrative support during grievance and disciplinary matters
- Coordinate the performance assessment process
- Assist in the administration of payroll through providing Finance with necessary documentation and query clarification.
- Participate in the HR orientation process for all new hires.
- Ensure accurate and up to date record keeping of employee data
- Undertake monthly employee file audits to ensure completeness of files.
- Ensure statutory documentation is provided by all employees
- Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention,and labor relations; completing personnel transactions
Education and experience:
- A degree or Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Experience with a computerized HRIS system
- Understanding of Kenya labour legislation
- Previous experience in the role of Human Resources Generalist or a very similar position and be able to demonstrate complete understanding of the position.
- Must understand the legalities of business law in relation to HR and employee employment rights and how to apply them within the day-to-day work, company policy documentation and staff welfare.
Key competencies and attributes:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- High levels of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail, good numerical skills, good data management skills
- Performance Management skills,
- Training Management skills,
- People management Skills,
- Conflict Resolutions skills
- Knowledge of Kenyan Labour Laws
- Project Management skills,
- Office Experience – General,
- Reporting Skills,
- Administrative Writing Skills
Interested and Qualified candidates to send their Resumes to email@example.com clearly indicating the position on the subject line.
All Applications should reach us by 19th October 2016