The Industrial & Commercial Development Corporation (ICDC) is a State Corporation established in 1954 to promote the economic development of Kenya though supporting the establishment and growth of industrial and commercial enterprises.
Senior Legal Officer
Job Purpose: To provide legal services in relation to litigation, alternative dispute resolution, commercial law practice, conveyancing, company secretarial services, compliance and to facilitate legal debt recovery.
- Prepare and file precise and timely pleadings in Court and in alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
- Attend Court and alternative dispute resolution proceedings to represent the Corporation.
- Provide legal and technical support in commercial transactions
- Facilitate and oversee realization of securities taken by the Corporation and undertake debt recovery.
- Carry out legal audits and ensure legal compliance by various departments.
- Provide company secretarial services to select subsidiary and associate companies.
- Draft, vet, review, negotiate and provide advice on the implementation of all agreements, contracts and other formal agreements for the Corporation’s operational activities.
- Effectively manage and co-ordinate with external lawyers, auctioneers and process servers.
- Provide advisory support to other functions/departments in the Corporation.
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) from a recognized University.
- Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law
- Certified Public Secretary, CPS(K)
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing certificate.
- Five (5) years’ relevant experience three (3) of which should be in a similar position in, preferably, a financial institution.
- Good analytical skills, knowledge of the business and applicable law.
- Effective communication, negotiation and writing skills
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- High level of integrity and accountability.
Applicants are required to submit an application letter which indicates current remuneration and day time telephone contacts accompanied with a detailed CV and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICDC is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing patterns.