Based in Bungoma
We are an International NGO with a strong footprint in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, and Tanzania: In these countries our 3,000+ strong staff serves over 400,000 smallholding farmers and helps them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
The procurement team is responsible for procuring agricultural inputs (seed, fertilizer, solar lights, and other necessary items).
This entails working with suppliers to collect price quotes, negotiating to get the best price, ensuring the correct agreements are in place, and that deliveries to our warehouses are made on time.
This requires frequent written and verbal communication with our suppliers as well as the various teams within One Acre Fund that we are procuring inputs for.
We currently have an opening for the position of Procurement Associate at our Regional Offices in Bungoma that we are inviting applications. Below are the details for the position.
- Execute request for quotations, supplier selection, and purchases from Bungoma
- Purchase goods and services as requested by internal requestors
- Work with suppliers, finance team, and requestors to ensure goods are delivered on time and to the right specifications at the best possible price
- Build strong relationships within One Acre Fund teams to understand their requirements
- Support Data Coordinator by following up with Finance on the status of payments to ensure suppliers are paid on time as need
- Support in management of suppliers relationship and contribute to supplier database in Kenya
- Identify and build new supplier relationships for new and existing products
- Identify opportunities for cost saving through upstream supplier relationships
- Manage and save proper documentation using the Procurement Google drive
- Be flexible and willing to learn and execute new systems and processes as needed
- Help develop and execute systems and processes
- Provide accurate reports of tasks accomplished
- Uphold a high degree of professionalism, integrity and humility
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the manager
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized academic institution
- Educational background in procurement, supply-chain management, logistics, business management, CIPS or related study is preferred though not required
- 2 years consistent work experience in Procurement and Supply chain management in a demanding professional environment such as a private business, start up or NGO required
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- Demonstrated computer skills in Google (email and spread sheets) and Microsoft Office required
- Strong written and oral communication skills with good attention to detail
- Proven ability to set and meet targets
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Tenacity and a go-getter mentality a must
Career development: One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership capacity. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and two annual career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Opportunity to grow and salary increase are based on personal performance.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Procurement Associate and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 17th October 2016
CLICK HERE to apply online
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
Please Note: You must be 18years and above to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund. One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.