- Provide technical leadership and strategic direction in the development, implementation and evaluation of professional legal services including overseeing, scheduling and coordinating the provision of corporate services as necessary.
- Attend Board meetings, take minutes of proceedings and direct the business affairs of the company by disseminating the decisions of the Board of Directors to relevant Managers for implementation.
- Formulate, monitor and evaluate the implementation of work-plans related to the formulation of an enabling framework for litigation, compliance, contracts and convincing matters.
- Provide legal advice and assistance on all relevant aspects of government regulation and applicable law.
- Prepare Legal opinions and legal interpretations on various matters as required including interpretation of court and arbitral rulings affecting the Company.
- Spearhead the formulation of a sound contract management process from tendering to contract preparation, negotiation and execution.
- Oversee the smooth implementation of all convincing matters to ensure perfection of documentation and securities.
- Monitor developments in relevant law, conduct legal research and participate in outreach programs to strengthen corporate governance and improve the quality of service delivery.
- Draft legal documents as required.
- Oversee performance management in the Legal Services Unit and participate in organizational performance reviews, business process improvements aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff in order to ensure that the candidates selected have the required job competencies and are provided with orientation and induction programme necessary for effective job performance.
- Review incidents of violations against organizational policy and regulations; handle disputes and take appropriate action in line with approved policies, procedures and regulations.
- Assess staff performance, identify training needs, as well as design and implement training programmes to equip staff with appropriate job competencies in order to improve service delivery.
- Prepare concept papers, board papers, periodic progress reports and annual reports as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized university
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Be a holder of CPS (K)
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law with a current valid practicing license
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior level in a large and busy organization.
- Membership to relevant professional body – LSK & ICPS (K).
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in the Petroleum subsector.
- Demonstrated expertise in Board and legal matters
- Ability to deliver KPC’s articulated vision for change and support staff to embrace change.
- Strong leadership skills including effective interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiations skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of commercial law, litigation and convincing.
- Ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications
- Flexibility and responsiveness in providing high quality customer service
- Proficiency in computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, data base, presentation, email, internet etc.
- Ability to deliver Kenya Pipeline Company’s articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivates staff to join change efforts
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving legal trends through continuing legal education.
These appointments will be on a three year (3) contract terms renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
NB: Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than Friday, 14th October, 2016.
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
Pursuant to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the undermentioned position:
Ref No: KPC/ADVT/34/2016
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is responsible for providing technical and strategic leadership in the development and enforcement of a robust and facilitative legal framework through sound legal pleadings and evidence, tender documents, contracts and all other legal instruments aimed at protecting the rights of Kenya Pipeline Company and its stakeholders.