established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to
provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of
transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated
visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the
- Prepare timely risk based annual departmental work plan for presentation to the Board Audit Committee.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of the BAC approved annual work plan
- Provide Management with reports on audit and/or anti-corruption work on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain a competent and professional departmental work force through training for achievement of audit objectives.
- Coordinate external audits.
- Prepare Board Audit Committee papers on a periodic basis and provide secretarial services when required.
- Conduct staff training needs assessment, prepare and submit an annual departmental training plan.
- Conduct annual performance appraisal of staff against set targets and objectives and implementing development action plans aimed at enhancing capacity and performance.
- Coordinate the Companywide ethics, integrity and compliance programs; provide the technical assistance in the development and implementation of the corruption prevention plans.
- Supervise senior auditors in the department.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Social Science, Law or their equivalent from a recognized university.
- Membership to a relevant professional body and certified internal auditor (CIA).
- Have CISA qualifications
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience 5 (five) of which should be at senior level in a large and busy organization
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of oil industry requirements including broad knowledge of international trends in auditing and corporate governance.
- Strong well developed written and verbal communication, intense concentration of mental and interpersonal skills including ability to conduct computerized audits/investigations and prepare relevant and quality reports
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining complaints, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters
- Ability to solve complex and outstanding technical and administrative problems by generating alternative workable solutions
- Ability to deliver corporate articulated vision for change, create sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change effort.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage staff of different orientation.
appointments will be on a three year (3) contract terms renewable
subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance
targets and outcomes.
Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfil the
requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below
enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional
qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than Friday, 14th October, 2016.
Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and gender equality. Women and Persons with disability are
encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.