Position Title: Project Coordinator
Do you see opportunities in challenges?
- How can we engage more effectively with communities?
- How can we work effectively to support behavior change?
- How do we work to make water supplies more sustainable?
- How can we solve the problem of collapsing latrines?
- How can we address issues related to menstrual health?
- How can we engage effectively with water companies to help reduce non-revenue water?
Overall Purpose: The successful candidate will work as part of a team and will be responsible and accountable for the effective design, oversight of implementation, plus the monitoring and evaluation of the WASH in Kenya Project in Taita Taveta County.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to project staff in Taita Taveta County to design, implement, monitor and evaluate the WASH in Kenya Project in line with the approved project grant documents, KRCS and donor compliance requirements
- Ensure that change to plans are considered, discussed and agreed as needed to ensure to ensure that a high quality programme is delivered
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams to develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans to improve organizational effectiveness
- Liaise with the sector specific advisors at headquarters on a technical level to ensure quality execution of programmes in line with the project frameworks
- Continuously engage with the County Government of Taita Taveta and the TAVEVO Water Company to follow up on commitments, amicably resolve any potential conflict and share reports on progress of the intervention
- Actively explore ideas, learn, share and seek to apply learning and good practice
- Provide technical support for quality programme implementation to ensure quality in programming and alignment to National policies, guidelines and strategies.
- Ensure project teams work closely with partners and stakeholders in development county specific WASH strategies and action plans aligned to national policy
- Assist in gathering, summarizing and disseminating relevant technical updates on program planning monitoring, evaluation and operations research that will also support advocacy and learning within the KRCS programmes
- Coordinate with other technical teams, to support mainstreaming and integration of capacities and functions in all KRCS programmes and operations.
- Ensure mainstreaming of key cross cutting agenda within the programme: gender, child protection, social protection, disability, value for money, proactive risk management, corruption and fraud detection & prevention, whistle blowing etc
- Support development, implementation and review of the Project risk management plan, procurement plan, budgets among other grant documents
- Support the systematic and realistic implementation of the project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Framework and monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report on all project indicators
- Ensure quality and timely financial and narrative reporting in accordance to programme requirements (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual reports)
- Coordinate preparation of funding proposals and appeals for assistance in line with the strategic plan by ensuring adherence to donor requirement and liaising with the Regional Programme Coordinator & Regional Manager and technical advisors to ensure quality proposals are prepared and submitted to donors
- Prepare and submit in a timely fashion cash requests to HQ with support from the finance department based upon agreed budgets to keep programmes liquid and running efficiently
- Coordinate with Finance, logistics and procurement teams the execution of funding disbursements, logistics and procurement modalities including reporting as per programme and donor requirements
- Manage program budgets and performance monitoring to ensure adequate controls for efficient funds utilization by use of tracking tools and budget management plans.
- Develop strategies for strengthening collaborative partnerships and networks with stakeholders, donors, government agencies, the private sector and other players
- Represent the society in relevant county stakeholder forums
- Support implementation of the KRCS communication strategy at regional and county level by all programmes teams
- Identify and sense make stakeholder needs and obtain relevant support to cater specifically for those needs
- Masters in related field (Public health, Social Sciences, Management or equivalent qualification) or a relevant Bachelors Degree in the same field with a proven experience of over 5 years working in a similar environment and position
- Over five years’ experience in planning, implementing and evaluating integrated programmes in emergency/relief and or developing contexts
- Knowledge and experience of integrated programming especially in community development and public health settings
- Demonstrated technical expertise in strategic management, project planning and budgeting as well as programme monitoring and evaluation
- Commitment to humanitarian values and the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s strategic objectives
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to maintain high standards of personal integrity, establish straightforward, productive relationships; treat staff with fairness and respect, demonstrate sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences
- Strong communication and presentation skills in both English and Kiswahili, including ability to develop reports and prepare relevant publications
- Demonstrated competence in resource mobilization including implementation of effective fundraising strategies to increase resource through grant proposals
- Demonstrated competence in computer applications
- 1 Page cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements of the job
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages),
- The names and contacts of three referees.
Note: applications will not be considered if they do not follow the above.