Kenya Human Rights Commission (KHRC) is a premier and flagship
non-governmental human rights and governance institution in Africa that
was founded in 1992 with a mandate of enhancing human rights centred
governance at all levels.
founders and staff are among the foremost leaders and activists in
struggles for human rights and democratic reforms in Kenya and beyond.
KHRC conducts and provides evidence-based research and analysis on
human rights in Kenya, advocates for the full realization of all rights
and works with community-based networks across the country to help them
organize and mobilize for the attainment of these rights.
present internship applications are requested in the following
programme areas: Political Pluralism and Diversity, Human Rights
Monitoring and Response, and Communications.
- A University degree in Law, Political Science or International Relations with a minimum qualification of a 2nd Class Honors.
- A minimum of a C+ in O’ Level/KCSE
- Have between 3 months and 1 year work exposure in any of the programmes and institutional support areas mentioned above
- Excellent in written and spoken English
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Bachelor degree in Journalism / Mass Communication / Public Relations with a minimum qualification of a 2nd Class Honors.
- Excellent social media and digital communication skills
- Must be computer literate (Working Knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency in Adobe and final cut editing suite is a must have
- Photography and videography skills is a must have
- Events planning, organization and implementation skills
- Graphic design skills is an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability and interest to write on diverse issues
- An eloquent and bold public speaker and writer with mastery of verbal and written English and Swahili
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Be ready to undertake routine communication support assignments
Only those candidates that meet the above qualifications will be considered for the internship opportunities.
candidates should submit their application to include a cover letter
and curriculum vitae detailing their suitability for the post and
include a daytime telephone contact and three referees to
email & application letter must include the programme and
institutional support area as the subject for your application to be
The closing date for applications is Monday 31st October 2016.
KHRC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring diversity
and gender equality within our organization and will recruit the most
qualified person irrespective of race, marital status, ethnicity,
religion, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.