Kenya Revenue Authority is the National Revenue Collection Agency for the Government of Kenya.
Our Vision is: “To Facilitate Kenya’s Transformation through Innovative, Professional and Customer Focused Tax Administration”
KRA is seeking result oriented, self-driven individuals with high integrity to fill various vacant positions in the Corporate Support Services and Strategy Innovation and Risk Management Departments.
Job title: Officer – Knowledge Management
Ref: OFC-SIRM 10-49-2016
Department: Research, Knowledge Management & Corporate Planning
Division: Strategy Innovation & Risk Management
Reports to: Assistant Manager – Knowledge Management
Direct reports: N/A
Job Summary: Support the implementation of Knowledge Management Strategies and Initiatives in departments and regions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support the Implementation Knowledge Management Strategies and Initiatives
- Participating in development and customization of knowledge management systems.
- Supporting the maintenance of Knowledge Management infrastructure.
- Formatting and structuring knowledge assets submitted for publication in the Knowledge repository.
- Participating in knowledge capture from subject matter experts.
- Drafting technical articles for publication in Newsflash.
- Participating in creating awareness on the need for knowledge management in the organization.
- Working with the Knowledge Management Champions in line with business units or communities of practice to identify knowledge assets or information for publication in the knowledge repository.
- Playing an active role in knowledge management processes and practices.
- Playing active role in organizing sensitization forums on knowledge management.
- Facilitating and supporting users on the utilization of the knowledge management platforms/systems.
- Promoting the reuse of intellectual or knowledge assets in the Knowledge repository.
- Preparing and providing knowledge management performance transactions and reports.
- Playing active role in creating a knowledge-driven culture across KRA.
- Help in growing the knowledge base.
- Training and supporting users in using the knowledge repository and social collaborative platform.
Knowledge Management Ambassador
- Ensuring cordial and supportive working relationships with all KRA staff.
- Acting as an advocate and role model in embedding KRA’s knowledge culture values.
- Creating and building collaborative working relationships with stakeholders to achieve pre-defined objectives.
Budget Development and Management
- Preparing budget drafts depending on activities planned.
- Managing any budgeting allocated to activities and programmes.
- Ensuring submission of all the required reports/receipts in regards expenditures.
Educational Requirements (Minimum Requirements)
- A Bachelor degree in Knowledge Management or Information Science with specialty in Knowledge Management from a recognized university in Kenya.
- Knowledge or proficiency in any of the following areas is an added advantage: Dspace Software, software installation and customization, and web development.
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
- 3 years working experience in knowledge management systems and tools.
- Experience in knowledge management processes and practices.
- Capability to install and customize open source software for KM (Added Advantage).
- Knowledge of Knowledge Management processes and practices
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Leadership and Managerial skills
- Customer focus
- Strong analytical skills
- Impressionable and confident personality
Candidates interested in the positions and meet the requirements are encouraged to apply on or before October 28th 2016.
CLICK HERE to download the personal history form.
Completed personal history forms together with a detailed CV and clearly marked with the reference number of each position should be addressed to:
Deputy Commissioner, Human Resources
Kenya Revenue Authority
Times Tower Building, Haile Selassie Avenue
P.O Box 48240-00100
Applications may also be hand delivered between 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. and dropped in the designated box on the Ground Floor of Times Tower Building, Haile Selassie, Avenue Nairobi.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to gender mainstreaming and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with the recruitment or the application process.
N.B. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.