Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC) is a specialized Institution of the East African Community (EAC) established by the EAC Partner States through a negotiated Protocol for Sustainable Development of Lake Victoria Basin.
The broad mandate of LVBC is to promote, facilitate and coordinate activities of different actors towards sustainable development and management of natural resources of the Lake Victoria Basin.
The LVBC therefore hereby invites applications from suitably qualified citizens of the East African Community (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda) for the following vacant position tenable at Lake Victoria Basin Commission, Kisumu, Kenya.
Principal Resource Mobilisation Officer
Office: Office of the Executive Secretary
Reports to: Executive Secretary
Main Purpose of the Job: To coordinate the process of preparation of proposals and negotiation of funding with development Partners to ensure adequate and suitable financial resources are mobilized to implement LVBC projects and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, plan, coordinate and facilitate the development and implementation of Resource Mobilization Strategies and Activities of LVBC and ensure adequate and sustainable financial resources to the Commission;
- Develop and facilitate implementation of policies for proper management and utilization of partnership funds;
- Develop annual financial resource mobilization plans and targets;
- Facilitate and coordinate the Development of LVBC funding proposals with the relevant LVBC projects and programs and technical staff;
- Develop and execute programs and strategies for marketing LVBC to development partners;
- Prepare and submit LVBC resource mobilization reports to the management for action;
- Coordinate the development of work plans for donor funded projects and programs to ensure proper management of mobilized funds;
- Ensure liaison with development Partners; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Masters’ degree in Economics, Business Management, Sociology or equivalent;
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience with five (5) years at senior level.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be able to provide Strategic and team leadership in resource mobilization;
- Manage diversity, conflict and change;
- Possess proposal writing and Project cycle Management skills;
- Conceptual, analytical, communication, public relations, planning, negotiation, networking, judgment, fundraising, budgeting, decision making, report writing and presentation skills;
- Must be computer literate.
Eligibility for applications: Applicants from all five Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Condition of Service: The positions are tenable for contracts of five years renewable once and are subject to the application of the EAC quota system.
Fringe Benefits: The post offers attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
Education Qualifications: All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in the respective Partner States. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
Relevant/Working Experience: Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant experience.
Equal Opportunity: The East African Community is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates
are encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and a copy of National Identity Card, or birth certificate or Passport showing date of birth.
Please quote the reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than 18th November 2016.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; have an application letter attached; have certified copies of academic certificates; or fail to provide three referees, will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations precludes considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC/LVBC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process.
All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
The Executive Secretary
Lake Victoria Basin Commission
Owuor Otiende Road, Off Kenyatta Highway
New Nyanza Regional Headquarters
P.O. Box 1510-40100 Kisumu, Kenya