We are a leading Logistics Company in Kenya with over 15 years’ experience in Africa and have grown over the years to become a leading Logistics expert in East and Central Africa that ensures constant supply of dry or wet cargo within the region.
We place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organization.
As a result of continued growth and in order to position ourselves to be the leader in logistics solutions for Africa, we wish to appoint qualified individuals to be part of this successful team into the position of Logistics and Operations Manager.
The positions are based in Nakuru (Kenya) and Kampala (Uganda) respectively.
Main Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidates will coordinate warehousing and distribution facility, dealing with other stakeholders to ensure that distribution operations run smoothly.
Key summary responsibilities include:-
- In charge of warehousing and Tracking. This will include running the warehouse distribution center. He will ensure that incoming materials from suppliers are in good order and properly stored, and that outgoing goods, parts and materials for customers leave in the right quantities and in good condition and they are tracked to their destination.
- Directly supervises and coordinates all activities in the Cold Storage Area to ensure safe, quality and optimal productivity on assigned shifts and areas. Provides materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services.
- Direct and maintain a safety program for all employees assigned to warehouse
- Review warehouse & distribution center workloads with other departments, coordinating with the schedulers and planners and supervise the warehouse and logistics staff
- Negotiate with transportation companies over rates or service levels; prepare documents; or review invoices and customs documents. He/she will also need to look into and resolve issues with suppliers, customers, transportation companies or employees.
- Promotes continuous improvement including strategic reviews for the warehouse related functions utilizing quality process and participation in high performance and self-directed work teams
- Ensures that all elements of domestic and international distribution process are coordinated to meet customer requirements timely and high quality.
- Develop visible procedure and key performance indicators to monitor quality and regular measurements to determine effectiveness of procedures implemented.
- Provides warehouse safety leadership and is responsible for improved safety performance in the facility.
- Develops leadership team and provides daily oversight for all operational requirements for warehouse operational staff; leads and develops warehouse and logistics team.
- Coordinates warehousing execution strategies; develop specific warehousing requirements based on strategic plans and customer expectations; designs the appropriate warehousing solution that incorporates logistics best practices.
Knowledge, skills & experience requirements:-
- A University Degree in Business
- Post graduate qualification in Logistics/Supply Chain management
- 5 years’ working experience in Logistics & Supply Chain for an international Logistics
- Ability to run multiple independent projects.
- Excellent Communication and negotiation Skills
- People leadership & management skills
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and CV(with details of at least 3 referees, passport photo and indicating your current/last salary) to reach us on or before Wednesday 7th November, 2016 by email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
We are an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.