The M-PESA Foundation Academy is seeking to recruit dedicated Residential Parents to Provide pastoral care for and supervision of learners in the dormitories, during non-timetabled time.
Pastoral Care and Child Protection
- To prioritise safeguarding, welfare, health and safety of learners above all other duties and be familiar with statutory safeguarding and child protection needs and requirements as per the Academy’s policy.
- Monitoring and managing mentorship, wellness and counselling
- Listen to issues affecting learners, keeping their records and solving and /or reporting to the head of student life.
- Monitor and deal with any cases of bullying in accordance with Academy policy
- Manage learners’ behaviour and conduct.
- Reside in official accommodation during silent hours and respond to calls/alarms as soon as they are raised.
- Enforce and implement the student residential routine including wake-up and lights-out times
- Exercise pastoral care of, attend care meetings where required and support learners’ emotional, cultural and intellectual development.
- Support residential prefects in implementation and ensuring adherence to residential rules and inculcation of good manners and courtesy.
- Provide first aid, initial medical support and administration of medicines to learners in line with doctor’s prescription in absence of the nurse.
- Supervise learners’ personal hygiene, grooming and residential cleanliness
- Supervise official laundry services and learners’ own laundry activities.
- Maintain close liaison with the Academy Nurse/clinic at all times on matters concerning learners medical care.
- Conduct learners’ roll call in their residences
- Monitor stocks and make timely requisitions on learners’ supplies, personal effects and uniforms
- Report repairs required in the residential maintenance Log
- Monitor and ensure appropriate use of supplies, resources and equipment
- Ensure residential pin boards have relevant and updated notices and display and are well maintained.
- Undertake such other duties as the head of student life may reasonably require
- Have a Diploma in education, or a social science, community service, sociology. Degree will be added advantage
- Over 10 years experience in similar role at high school
- Age 45 and above
- Has the basic First aid
- demonstrable counselling, certification in counselling skills added advantage
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels with Learners, and teachers.
- Professional, flexible, conscientious, and able to act with discretion at all times.
- Able to demonstrate a genuine warmth and interest in the learners under his/her care.
Indicate the title of position and Reference Number on the subject line of your email to email@example.com
hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The closing date for the applications is 21st October, 2016
MPESA Foundation Academy is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, gender equity and equality.