Our clients is a leading uniform manufacturing company located in Nairobi, they seek to hire a highly competent accountant who will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain accounting controls by implementing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Prepare financial management reports, including financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Prepare and submit all tax and statutory returns and deductions
- Prepare budgets and forecasts.
- Review and process expense reports.
- Negotiate terms with suppliers, manage and communicate with debtors and creditors.
- Operate a payroll system and prepare payments by verifying documentation, including calculating overtime hours.
- Preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account data.
- Protect operations by keeping financial data confidential and operate systems to achieve the same
- Document financial transactions by posting accounting data, both present and past.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting data and options.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ work experience in accounting or finance department preferably in manufacturing industry
- Must be a CPA (K)
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools, including Quick-books and Spread Sheets
- Understand current accounting guidelines
- Ability to conduct system and policy updates
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Self motivated and result oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.