Vacancy: Finance Manager – Budgeting
Passionate about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved populations.
Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America and reaches 500 million people in 70 countries.
As we begin staffing our Africa Regional Office in Nairobi Kenya we are seeking skilled and highly motivated individuals to fill key positions in the areas of Finance, Nutrition, Monitoring and Reporting, Contracting and Procurement, Human Resources and support staff.
We are recruiting for the following position:
- To coordinate and consolidate the annual program budget for the countries and the region and assist Finance Director in finalizing the budget submissions.
- Work closely with SFO and assists the Finance Director, Africa in preparation of Annual Operational budgets for Kenya office.
- To review the annual operational budget for the countries and the region and assist Finance Director in finalizing the budget submissions.
- Assist monthly/ quarterly financial variance analysis for Operational budgets for all Countries and Regional Office.
- Prepare and consolidate quarterly financial reports of CDB.
- Work closely with HQ on quarterly budget updates.
- To assist Finance Director to prepare the budgets for donor proposals as required for submission and approval from HQ.
- To assist Finance Director in reviewing donor reports as required for submission and approval from HQ.
- To oversee the grant agreements, purchase orders, consultancy contracts, travel grants and operational contracts, etc to ensure that MI’s interests are properly safeguarded and get them processed from HQ.
- Ensures compliance with established MI policies for the release and approval for signature of legal documents. (Grant agreements, consulting contracts, travel letters, extension and supplement requests).
- Senior Program Finance Officer, Africa
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce with at least eight years of working experience the development sector.
- Professional qualification in accountancy such as ACCA or Certified Public Accountant
- 5 years’ experience working in finance.
- 3 years’ experience working in program management environment including budget.
- Experience working with databases, an asset
- Experience working with the Microsoft suite
- Experience in a national or international non-profit entity is preferred
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of other languages spoken in countries supported by MI is an asset.
- Some international travel may be required
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
No telephone calls please.