Vacancy: Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the
Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the
private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient
deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved
Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI
works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America and reaches 500
million people in 70 countries.
headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New
Delhi, India and soon Nairobi, Kenya that manage our country offices in
Asia and Africa.
As we begin staffing our Africa Regional
Office in Nairobi Kenya we are seeking skilled and highly motivated
individuals to fill key positions in the areas of Finance, Nutrition,
Monitoring and Reporting, Contracting and Procurement, Human Resources
and support staff.
We are recruiting for the following position:
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls
- Take and relay messages
- Provide information to callers
- Greet persons entering organization
- Direct persons to correct destination
- Deal with queries from the public
- Maintain telephone records, as per MI procedures
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization
- Maintain and regularly update a database of phone numbers, fax numbers and addresses of all MI offices in Africa and other relevant contacts and partners.
- Connect local/international calls for staff/visitors as required
- Receive and sort incoming and outgoing mail, faxes and deliveries; distribute them in a timely fashion
- Maintain correspondence records, as per MI procedures
- Interface with the mail companies, international and domestic,
- Prepare letters and documents
- Make travel arrangements
- Assist in organizing meetings
- Tidy and maintain the reception area, making sure that MI documentation are always available in the display shelves.
- Printing and binding of documents
- Support HR Manager in arranging for office parties, celebrations and events
- BTS in secretarial studies, or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French an advantage.
- No travel required from this position.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of telephone systems
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound organization skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Attention to details
No telephone calls please.