Vacancy: Regional Human Resources Manager, Africa
about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the
Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the
private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient
deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved
Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI
works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America and reaches 500
million people in 70 countries.
headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New
Delhi, India and soon Nairobi, Kenya that manage our country offices in
Asia and Africa.
As we begin staffing our Africa Regional
Office in Nairobi Kenya we are seeking skilled and highly motivated
individuals to fill key positions in the areas of Finance, Nutrition,
Monitoring and Reporting, Contracting and Procurement, Human Resources
and support staff.
We are recruiting for the following position:
- Works with regional management team and HR Director to identify and implement regional talent management options in line with HR vision of MI.
- Provides advice and active support to managers throughout the recruitment process, such as:
- Identify resourcing options and strategies
- Develop job descriptions and candidate profiles
- Develop resourcing strategies
- Develop assessment material
- Conduct interviews
- Ensure adherence to MI HR policies
- Perform reference and background checks
- Prepare and deliver offer documents in line with MI policies and delegated authorities
- Monitors HR best practices for efficiencies or other innovation in regional/MI recruitment.
- Ensures HR policies and practices are followed by management and staff
- Alerts RD and HR Director to breaches of policies and practices.
- Makes recommendations to RD and HR Director regarding policy changes
- Advises the HR director on regional customization or development of global HR policies.
- Provides advice and coaching to regional staff in HR matters
- Monitors organizational health and briefs Regional Director and Human Resources Director, as required.
- Advocates on behalf of employees to ensure procedural fairness in the application of HR policies and practices
- Oversees the administration of MIs regional benefits plans
- Monitors benefits programs provided by similar organizations to ensure MI provides a competitive offering
- Administers timesheet applications and HRIS
- Ensures MI’s regional and country offices are compliant with local employment legislation.
- Stays current on changes to employment law and recommends changes and updates to MI practices as required.
- Works with the RD and Director of HR to develop and implement training and development programs in regional and country offices
- Administration of MI’s training and development policies including training reimbursement
- Works with the Director of HR to ensure MI’s Performance and Appraisal (PAR) process is implemented and administered within the region
- Provides training and support to employees and managers on performance management best practices
- Participates as a member of the global HR team providing reporting, program implementation and other HR duties as required.
4. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Supervisory responsibility for the Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
- University degree in HR, Business, or related field is required.
- Certification by a national or international HR institution (CHRP, SHRM) preferred.
- Masters’ degree and other professional certification is an asset
- A minimum of 8 years’ of progressive experience in HR
- Significant experience in recruitment & selection for senior and highly technical roles
- Experience in developing or implementing HR projects, such as HRIS, employee surveys, compensation systems
- Knowledge of HR legislation within the Africa Region
- Fluency in English and one regional language is required.
- Fluency in one or more additional regional/local languages is an asset
- Some travel to country offices and occasional international travel may be required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and cultural sensitivity
- Capacity to coach employees
- Sound management skills
- Solid planning and organizational abilities
- Problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential information
How to Apply:
No telephone calls please.