Vacancy: Senior Finance Officer, Africa
about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the
Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the
private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient
deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved
Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI
works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America and reaches 500
million people in 70 countries.
headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New
Delhi, India and soon Nairobi, Kenya that manage our country offices in
Asia and Africa.
As we begin staffing our Africa Regional
Office in Nairobi Kenya we are seeking skilled and highly motivated
individuals to fill key positions in the areas of Finance, Nutrition,
Monitoring and Reporting, Contracting and Procurement, Human Resources
and support staff.
We are recruiting for the following position:
- Regular scrutiny of Great Plains ledger for rectification.
- Processes around tax compliances in coordination with Tax Consultants.
- Submit the month end documentation as per policy – Petty cash Reconciliation (Supervise maintenance of Petty cash and applicable records), Bank Reconciliation and coordinate with Bankers as and when required for Kenya Office.
- Cash flow requirement of Kenya Office and African country offices.
- Follows up and investigates with bank officials regarding issues and wire traces for the Kenya Office and African country offices.
- Support new office set ups and relocations including negotiations with owners, drafting of leases, renovation and related procurement etc.
- Management of Inventory (All Assets) Records and undertake periodic physical inventory of all MI assets and maintain the necessary records
- Ensure Inventory Insurances (office equipment, assets etc) for the Regional office and other Africa country offices are in place and renewals take place well in time.
- Coordinate with Country offices on operational contracts, purchase orders etc
- Coordinates timely conduct of any Statutory Audit of African country offices.
- Prepares the statutory financial statements, and final accounts of African country offices.
- Assist the Finance Director to ensure that statutory and legal requirements are completed for the region.
- Manage information technology needs and helpdesk for Africa (viz. Liaises with HQ, IT and local service providers for ensuring infrastructure and resources within the region, organizing training on basic corporate requirement: e.g. intranet access etc)
- Coordination with Country Offices in Africa region on all matters relating to IT
- Emergency and Staff Security: In coordination with management and the staff, plan and ensure effective emergency preparedness and rapid responses in case of emergency.
- Any other work as assigned by the management of MI from time to time.
- The position will supervise two Finance Officers.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce.
- Professional qualification in accountancy such as ACCA or Certified Public Accountant
- Professional qualifications in Audit such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum seven years in a finance/accounts department of an organization out of which at least 3-5 years should preferable be with an International NGO.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of other languages spoken in countries supported by MI is an asset.
- Occasional regional travel
- Good communication and excellent inter-personal skills
- A team player who is personable, diplomatic and confident at dealing with people at all levels
- Competent IT skills, i.e. Word, Excel advanced, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Great Plains will be an advantage.
- Good Analytical skills, Computing, Problem Solving, Methodical, Adaptable
- Planning and organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
MI is a non-smoking work environment
How to Apply:
No telephone calls please.