Our client is an organization operating in rural parts of Western Kenya. Due to the rural set-up and challenges associated therewith, all applicants should have a personal commitment to working with the vulnerable community.
1. Purpose of the Position
Monitor progress and impact of the various projects and interventions implemented by the organization and provide feedback to implementers and stakeholders. Strengthen the M&E function and facilitate learning from M&E throughout the organization and within the community.
R1 Implementation of M & E
- T.1 Provide overall guidance, mentorship and supervision to M & E staff, to ensure successful implementation of M & E plan and activities and to meet targets.
- T.1 Guide M & E staff to help them achieve timely implementation of project work plans according to quarterly and annual targets, activities and goals.
- T.2 Conduct regular project performance reviews for M & E staff.
- T.3 Provide quality and timely delivery of all projects reports, in their agreed format, as required by donors, the Executive Director and the Board.
- T.4 Put forward new program ideas and/or recommendations for improvement of existing programs to the management, based on learning from M&E.
- T.5 Provide timely advice to the Management team on issues likely to affect/impact project implementation.
- T.6 Interpret and implement government policies that affect M & E activities.
- T.7 Coordinate and Participate in integrating lessons learnt into on- going and new projects undertaking.
- T.8 Participate in developing program concept notes, proposals and development of log frames for donor funding.
- T.9 Advise the Management about key development forums and other networks that might serve RWMT achieve its overall objectives.
- T.10 Work with Project staff and stakeholders (where relevant) to revise existing and create new monitoring and evaluation tools, strategies and framework for RWMT as required.
- T.11 Work with staff to develop M & E plans and tools for the departments and other RWMT program staff, including management reports.
- T.12 Develop a quality and feedback system for Training and Resource Centre and assist in ensuring the feedback from students / Stakeholders is tracked, collected and analyzed
- T.1 Maintain and keep up to date and accurate summaries of field records, reports of activities and beneficiaries according to the organization’s M&E reporting requirements.
- T.2 Coordinate and participate in field data collection, analysis, monitoring and reporting on indicators as per the agreed Monitoring and Evaluation Framework.
- T.3 Ensure the integrity of information collected and presented, and not compromised in any way whatsoever.
- T.4 Undertake quality control of information from the community as well as from departments and sub-departments.
- T.5 Ensure that all M&E databases are accurate and up to date.
- T.6 Supervise proper filling and documentation processes of the M & E documents.
- T.7 Maintain back-up secure electronic M & E files
- T.8 Coordinate and carry out specialized data processing tasks as needed.
- T.1 Maintain follow-up and feedback system to ensure efficient processes
- T.2 Actively maintain the internal referral system to ensure beneficiaries are provided with maximum support from the organization’s various expertise
- T.1 Actively participate in the Saturday Psycho-Social Support Program for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children and build the community’s capacity to eventually run the program on their own.
a) Level of education:
- At least a degree in any Social Science discipline that focuses on Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation.
- Understanding of current trends in M&E.
- At least 3 years-experience in a similar position
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Demonstrated experience gathering, analyzing and reporting both quantitative and qualitative data in multiple formats.
- Keen attention to details with strong analytical skills.
- Experience in data organization and management.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including statistical packages and database development;
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal relationships with and mentor the community, beneficiaries, senior government officials and staff.
- Strong communication, presentation and report writing, negotiation, and administration skills.
- Must have a valid Motorbike license and be able to ride the motorbike