The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 4000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents.
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011.
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007.
The purpose of a Finance Coordinator is to implement delegated area of finance.
The Finance Coordinator will report to the Finance Manager.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
- Management of finance team
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures
- Support project staff in financial matters
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area
- Coordinate the financial aspects of the Consortium in Kenya country office
- Ensure proper financial and accounting system with strong internal control systems are place.
- Consolidate financial reports, fund requests and budget amendments in a timely manner for the consortium
- Review and monitor budgets for all consortium partners to support financial stability, efficiency and value for money.
- Be the focal point for the DFID project budget preparation and budget revisions and occasionally participate in any such meetings to foster compliance and to address any financial issues.
- Ensure that all procurements, payments and other transactions are in line with donor financial guidelines, rules and regulations for procurement, accounting and reporting
- Coordinate the consortium project audits as per the donor requirements.
- University degree in Accounting and Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA II), or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience from working as a Finance Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Practical experience of working with consortiums
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and standard accounting packages
- Excellent project management, accounting and financial analysis
- Knowledge of the context in country
Education level: Academy college / University
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
Duty station: Nairobi
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Finance
- Role: Supervisor