Ref. nr.: 3227877328
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 4000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011. Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced populations.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007.
- Coordinate and implement the ICLA project according to strategy, proposals and plans
- Develop in writing the project proposals
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements
- Develop annual activity and work plans
- Training and development of CC staff
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Cooperate with relevant partners and local authorities
- Organize trainings for the CC team, relevant partners and beneficiaries
- Monthly activity/project reports and other reporting as required
- Ensure proper filing of all project documents
- University graduate in Law or Social Work with 5 years ICLA project implementation experience
- Knowledgeable in communicating in Somalia language is an added advantage.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge and experience in serving refugees in harsh and insecure environment.
- Experience in durable solution activities for IDPs and refugees.
Education level: College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- Contract period upto December 2017 with possibility of extension. Salary/Benefits according to NRC general directions.
- The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for NRC Office Dadaab Kenya.
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Information, Counselling & Legal Assistance
- Role: Middle / line manager
Candidates should apply on line by going through www.nrc.no.
Deadline for application: 21/10/2016