Nova Academies is looking for a superstar Associate Accountant to play a critical role of building accounting processes & procedures, ensuring data capture to give Nova leadership a clear idea of the financial health of the institution, cash management, debt collection etc.
The accountant will facilitate these operations on Nova campuses and coordinate with the Operations Office at Network / Head Office.
Imagine a world in which every young person in Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century.
A school that demands excellence, helps students learn by doing and exploring rather than by memorizing, equips students with globally competitive science and technology skills, and builds the character and growth mindset that will shape the rest of their lives.
Now imagine that this school is not in one town, in one country, but in every town, in every country.
This is what we imagine, and we want you to help make it happen.
About Nova Academies
One year ago we launched a new venture to build the first pan-African network of high-quality, affordable primary and secondary schools. In 2016 we will be operating three schools – two in South Africa and one in Kenya – and gearing up for rapid growth.
Our venture is structured as a social enterprise to enable us to attract the investment that will be needed to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students in the next decade.
Our team culture is designed to reinforce our vision:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody: you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities because doing so helps us grow
- We put our students before our team, and our team before ourselves
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning
About The Role
You will also:
- Handling of all confidential information with uttermost professionalism.
- Implementing the Nova Group’s fiscal policies as they apply to the office of the Associate Accountant.
- Managing cash flow of the school operations.
- Manage the inventory of stocks in the teaching division, kitchen, and maintenance (be in charge of the school stores)
- Preparing and managing accounts for the school for purposes of operations and audit
- Advising the Finance Manager regarding sound financial management to maximize efficiency of resources and minimize and eliminate avoidable wastage.
- Continually developing and maintaining a list of suppliers and service providers to have a catalog to refer to for the sake of competitive bidding.
- A born accountant with a love for numbers
- You love detail and accuracy
- You love learning new trends in your industry
- You have completed CPA Part one
- You have at least two years’ experience in accounting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles.
Does working at Nova Academies excite you?
CLICK HERE to apply online
If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews. If you do not hear from us within 8 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.