Act, Chapter 62, Laws of Kenya established the National Crime Research
Centre (NCRC), which is a State Corporation under the Office of the
Attorney General & Department of Justice.
The objects of the
Centre are to carry out research into the causes of crime, and its
prevention and to disseminate research findings and recommendations to
agencies of Government concerned with the administration of criminal
justice with a view to assisting them in their policy formulation and
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the Supervision of the Principal Research Officer, the appointee will be performing the following duties:-
- Planning, co-coordinating and monitoring research projects in the unit.
- Appraising staff.
- Provision of source information for research work
- Undertaking Research
- Leading research teams
- Writing research reports and presentation to the section heads
- Any other related duties assigned.
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have:-
- Served satisfactorily in the grade of Research Officer II for a minimum period of three (3) years or its equivalent.
- A Bachelor degree in either Sociology, Criminology, Psychology or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution
- A postgraduate qualification.
- Certificate of competence in Word Processing (MS Word, WordPerfect), Spreadsheet (Ms Excel, Lotus), Operating Systems (Windows), Database management (Ms Access, d-base, Oracle, Sequential Query Languages – SQL), Desktop Publishing (PageMaker, Photoshop) and Statistical Packages (SPSS) from recognized institutions
- Demonstrated merit and ability in work performance and results.
- Statistical experience in data coding, research methodology with experience in IT methodology is an added advantage.
Applicants should submit the following:-
to download) together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including names of
three referees and full contacts (name, Post Office Box Number, email
address, and telephone/mobile phone contact;
(ii) Copies of academic certificates and testimonials;
Copies of Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal
Investigations, Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board
(HELB), Ethic and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance, Tax
Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and any other
Professional Body which the candidate is a member.
Applications without the relevant qualifications and supporting documents as required will not be considered.
All applications should indicate job reference numbers and be send to;
The Director /CEO
National Crime Research Centre
ACK Garden Annex
1st Ngong Avenue, Off Bishop’s Road
P.O. Box 21180-00100
OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should to reach the Director/CEO not later than 5.00 pm on Friday, 11th November, 2016.
note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of
Canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
National Crime Research Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
National Crime Research Centre