Job purpose: The jobholder will be responsible for financial close and reporting, planning, budgeting and business analytics to support business unit decision making.
- Lead month-end close activities including the preparation and reviewing of journal entries and reviewing of budget-to-actual reports;
- Ensure preparation of monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts, prepare financial statements and ensure the general ledger accounts are reconciled;
- Review and sign-off of monthly journal entries and general ledger accounts and balance sheets;
- Ensure preparation and distribution of internal financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy;
- Lead the monthly closing process within deadlines
- Lead the review and implementation and updating of written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process;
- Ensure development and maintenance of internal controls and risk management framework over financial reporting.
- Analyse current and past financial data and performance and prepare reports and projections based on this analysis;
- Evaluate current capital expenditures and depreciation;
- Explore investment opportunities;
- Establish and evaluating profit plans;
- Identify trends in financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement;
- Coordinate with other members of the finance team to review financial information and forecasts; and
- Provide financial models and forecasting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related field or its equivalent from a recognised institution.
- CPA/ACCA or its equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Minimum of six (6) years’ relevant experience. Experience in the insurance industry will be an added advantage.
- Expert-level analytical and financial modelling skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of regulations by AKI and IRA;
- Knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good planning and organizational skills; and
- Excellent report writing skills.
The job title “Assistant Manager, Financial Reporting, Planning and Analytics” should be clearly indicated as the email reference.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.