At Siginon Group, our determination to achieve our vision of being Africa’s world class logistics company is the driver of everything we do.
We are proactively designing systems and processes that ensure operations excellence and peace of mind for our customers.
Block by block, we are building a team of Qualified, Motivated, Competent and Energized individuals with a Winning culture to drive this vision.
It’s with this in mind that we announce the following vacancy based at Siginon Group, Nairobi.
Head of Information Services
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the job holder will be responsible for ensuring the Group’s technological infrastructure is operating effectively and efficiently.
He/ She will be responsible for the delivery of business systems to both internal and external customers and interact extensively with key stakeholders to ensure seamless solutions are implemented and managed on timely manner.
He/she will also direct the Group’s IT strategy, identify and propose new technologies and business processes, ensure IT department adheres to corporate standards and guidelines and ensure the dissemination of key market and industry intelligence to key users in support of the company’s strategic and operational needs.
- Manage the Group’s information technology and computer systems by planning, organizing, controlling and evaluating IT and electronic data operations.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures to expand the availability and ease of the use of the network and IT related infrastructures.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
- Manage the IT Team by training, coaching, communicating job expectations, appraising their performance and developing their personal growth opportunities.
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes while identifying problematic areas and develop strategies and operating procedures so that there is a clear fault-finding support system to ensure that problems are swiftly identified and resolved.
- Preserve assets, information security, control structures and ensure all ICT licenses are appropriate, adequate and up-to-date.
- Enhance information systems results by identifying information systems technology opportunities and developing application strategies.
- Safeguards assets by planning and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Accomplish financial objectives by determining service level required; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Developing, in liaison with HR, a formalized training programme for all users with the aim of raising skills, standards and awareness in the use of ICT applications and promoting consistency across the organization.
- Maintain safe and healthy technological working environment by establishing and enforcing quality standards and adhering to applicable legal regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of the position.
Education, Professional Qualifications & Work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT from a recognized institution is mandatory/ A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Prior experience in designing and setting up internal information management systems.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar position or equivalent.
- Professional qualifications/ICT related certifications.
- Proficiency in Quality Management Systems.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent Planning & Organizing/Work Management Skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent Teamwork/Collaboration ability;
- Highly innovative and strategic thinker;
- Proficiency in use of IT systems;
- High level of Integrity.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees and MUST indicate your current salary on your application) to reach us on or before Friday 25th November 2016 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org