Department: Technical Operations
Reports To: Head Engineer
Location: Garissa Kenya
StarTimes Media (K) Co. Ltd seeks to appoint a suitably qualified persons to assume the role of Digital Platform Maintenance Technicians,
- To provide maintenance support to the technical operations department of the company.
- Ensure all transmission equipment is working at all times and faults and repairs are done in a timely manner.
- To oversee the optimal performance of the company’s digital TV platform.
- To maintain the digital TV platform, including transmitters, digital TV front-end, broadcasting networks.
- To oversee and assist the construction of the digital TV platform.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in digital TV platforms, transmitters, digital TV front end systems, and broadcasting networks.
- Capable of working long shifts (night and weekends required).
- Have strong interest in digital television technology.
- Hard working, good attitude, strong sense of responsibility, and enthusiasm for work performed.
- Knowledge of and fluency in Somali language is an added advantage.
- Diploma OR Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field from an accredited College/University is required.
- Experience in the electronic media and communications industry and related maintenance experience preferred.
- Prior experience in maintenance and support of transmitters and broad casting equipment is an added advantage.
Qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s quoting relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly include names of three referees and a daytime telephone contact.
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.