TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries.
- Refine the value proposition of digital financial tools in the dairy sector and define strategies to overcome barriers and risks to adoption (including financial, mobile and product literacy)
- Test new digital financial tools as a model to increase access to working capital credit and other tailored financial services (including asset finance, insurance).
The individual will facilitate the following activities to achieve the project objectives:
- Provide technical assistance to pilot partner banks and SACCOs in developing and implementing their digital financial strategy for the dairy sector
- Build partnerships to address key financial service needs of dairy co-ops, processors, input SMEs and farmers (e.g. working capital, asset credit, insurance)
- Provide technical assistance to pilot partner banks and SACCOs in extending their digital financial solutions into the informal dairy sector
- Identify and enable opportunities to work with additional banks and SACCOs
- Collect relevant data for monitoring and evaluation purposes and support the production of narrative reports and case studies
- Degree in Marketing, Banking, ICT and/or related fields
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Training and experience working in M4P projects a must
- Experience working in the banking sector or in marketing
- Track record of building and managing strong client and stakeholder relationships with private, public sector and government
- Confident with project management and reporting
- Excellent communication, analytical and strategy skills
- Confident with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Self-starter, energetic, and friendly
- Comfortable with new ways of thinking and working
- Engages people and empowers them to deliver on promises
- Maintains integrity and personal reputation
- Ability to analyse complex issues and propose solutions
- Reviews information quickly and does not hesitate to try out solutions
- Passionate about knowledge learning and sharing.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2490”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2490 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 4th November 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.